Gate.io Team Attended V20 Summit; Crypto-Specific G20 Side Event
Last week, the Gate.io team attended V20 2022, a side event of the G20 Summit held in Bali, Indonesia. The event saw crypto industry leaders network and connect to engage directly with global regulatory, legislative and policymakers regarding the digital asset ecosystem.
Lyudmyla Kortelyova, Gate.io’s Compliance Director, represented the company at the event which saw various industry leaders attend workshops discussing the digital asset ecosystem. Topics covered at the event included ‘Building a bridge to the Financial Stability Board,’ ‘FSB’s key recommendations. What do they mean for VASPs?’ and ‘Learnings from SWIFT: Building and scaling services for the virtual assets sector.’
During workshops held at the event, the G20 Financial Action Task Force (FATF) highlighted 8 key issues in the crypto industry to discuss. These included:
- Update on Cryptocurrency Travel Rule interoperability;
- Travel Rule messaging protocol;
- IVMS 101 Standard data model for Travel Rule messaging protocol;
- Travel Rule Messaging Compliance and Current Gaps;
- Identifying and verifying the Beneficiary VASP(s);
- Consideration of the Fee Schedule for Travel Rule messaging protocols;
- Open Network Protocols for comprehensive transaction coverage;
- Interoperability between protocols.
Recently, Gate.io attended several key industry events as the company continues its global expansion. The company recently launched its Gate.TR platform in Turkiye at the Istanbul Blockchain Week 2022 and its Gate.EU platform for European users at SiGMA Europe 2022 Summit in Malta. Gate.io also signed an MoU with the city of Busan, South Korea, during the Blockchain Week Busan 2022 event, to further the city's development as a blockchain hub in the region.